YOU (Living God)


MP3 Lyrics

The oldest song that's available in a half-way decent recording on one of my mostly homegrown productions is this tune based on a lick in a G-Tuning (both E bass and A strings to G) I was shown by the piano player of the first band I ever played in at the age of 13. I was by far the youngest member of the band, and the front man was twice my age. In 1980, at the age of 17 I was traveling through Spain with an American fellow musician and his wife, and working on a melody to accompany that lick, and some lyrics to it. At first I tried to interpret it as a love song for a girl (I was badly in love with a girl named Shalom at that time), but later realized that no one fit that perfect description, except Jesus, or God Himself, so I added the last verse to make it clear that this was a love song dedicated to the living God.