FOLLOW ME WHERE I GO

MP3 Lyrics

Well, to make a long story short, Shalom was already taken, and so eventually I left that little Gypsy caravan and moved in with a small Christian commune in the Spanish town of Fuengirola on the Costa del Sol. My former busking partner Phil and I had tried without any success to find some places to play there, so I was pretty desperate the first night I went out, trying to contribute my share for the rent of my new home. Remember that verse, "Prove Me now, if I will not open the windows of Heaven and pour forth such a blessing that there will not be room enough to hold it?" Well, that's how it was. At the end of the night, my pockets were nearly bursting with cash, and I brought home 15 times the amount that I needed.

There is a God, and He loves me.

His second sign to show me that was Judith, a girl about my age I met one night in one of the bars where I played, and that I also wound up falling head over heels in love with (sort of a chronic disease at age 17...), and for whom I wrote this song. She didn't heed the call, though, and so I continued following Jesus as a single a few months later...